The Taparia Institute of Ophthalmology, one of the finest progressive dept., of this hospital, equipped with state of the art diagnostic and surgical sections and wards are observing globally accepted protocols in services, medical hygiene and standards.
Our highly experienced and talented medical personnel in all super specialties of Ophthalmology are providing ethical, evidence based, personalized services with warm and friendly approach resulting in excellent outcomes and patient satisfaction. Apart from routine, our surgeons are performing complicated, uncommon surgeries and procedures with excellent results.
All these facilities are available to even economically weak patients without any discrimination.
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology and complete eye check up
- Emergency eye care and trauma
- Cataract with IOLs
- Cornea- Keratoplasties
- Glaucoma screening, Monitor progression, Surgeries and Lasers
- Retina – Medical, Surgical and Lasers
- Squint and Oculoplasty
- Neuro Ophthalmology – in association with prominent Neurologists.
- Eye involvement associated with Systemic Medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, conncetive tissue disorders, haemaetology with strong support from relative speciality physicians
- Paediatric Ophthalmology.
- Eye Inflammations, Immunology, Uveitis and Eye Infections
Our Neuro-Opthalmologists evaluate and treat patients who have reduced vision, blind spots owing to disorders of the optic nerve and its connections to the brain, subnormal vision that is not explained by abnormalities of the eyes, double vision, abnormalities of the pupils, and droopy eyelids. They also evaluate and treat any condition in which there may be a brain abnormality causing a disturbance of vision, mis-alignment of the eyes, or abnormal eye movements. Our specialists also provide evaluation of focal dystonias, blepharospasm and hemifacial spasm.
Glaucoma, Cataract, and Anterior Segment Disease -
Patients are referred to the Glaucoma Service for evaluation and treatment of glaucoma and other diseases characterized by increased intraocular pressure and/or galucomatous optic atrophy. Diagnostic modalities include both manual and computerized visual field testing, Tonometry, and Optic nerve head imaging with Heidelberg retinal tomography. Treatment may consist of laser therapy or incisional surgery, alone or in combination with medical therapy. In addition, surgical management of cataracts comprises and important part of the Glaucoma Service’s patient care programme. This includes the specialized problems of cataract surgery in the presence of filtering blebs, undilatable pupils, nanophthalmos, pseudoexfoliation, narrow angles and very dense cataracts. It also includes combined galucoma/cataract surgery. Our Consultants also manage infantile glaucoma and other glaucomas of childhood. We have record of achieving excellent cosmetic results in squint surgery.
Cataract Surgery -
Bombay Hospital specializes in Cataract Surgery – No stitch, no injection , no suture phaco-emulsificatioen with IOL cataract surgery with stringent follow up protocols performed by highly experienced pioneer surgeons with high patient satisfaction and excellent results with minimal dependency of spectacles.
We have unique way of calculating IOL power in children and performing cataract surgery with IOL under local anesthesia in all ages.
Important Procedues Undertaken at Ophthalmology Department (TIO) -
- Complicated minimal invasive Cataract Surgeries for sub luxated and dislocated lenses.
- Scleral fixation of dislocated IOLs and IOL capsule complex.
- Cataract with advanced glaucoma – triple procedures.
- Selective layer keratoplasties, Corneal Dystrophies, Corneal Ulcers
- Real Triple procedure – Phaco with IOL, with DALK for patients with corneal opacities and cataract
The department is also active in academic activities and has MS Ophthalmology seats are affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) and recognized by Medical Council of India.
List of Consultants
Dr. Mayur Morekar
MS (Ophthalmology); MA (Counselling Psychology), DOMS., FCPS., DNB., FRCS (Glasg) (Ophthalmology), ADBA; PGDHM (Healthcare Management), PGDMLS (Medico-Legal Systems)