Tissue Typing Lab
|Location||Ground Floor, MRC|
|For Appointment||022-22067676 Extn. 243|
|Dept. Timings||24 hrs|
|List of Consultants||Dr. M K Gupta (HOD)
Dr. Nina Desai
Dr. Asmita Sakle
Histocompatibility Testing (MHC) – Human Leukocyte Antigens (HLA) was so essential for a Hospital to carry out organ Transplantation, did not exist in our Hospital till 1986. The Lab came into being with effect from May 1986 as a small Lab. The Lab started receiving samples not only from the city of Mumbai but from all over state of Maharashtra, and neighbouring states from places like Gujarat, Belgaum, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Indore and Metros like Kolkata, Chennai & Delhi etc. it was also receiving samples and requests from Mauritius, UK, USA and Australia.
This Lab, first time in the country, introduced Detection of Panel Reactive Antibodies (PRA) test to monitor sensitized and allograft rejected patients for second and subsequent Transplants.
Second venture was introduction of DNA Technology to carry out HLA typing using PCR method and the Lab was first in the country to carry out Molecular typing for Organ Transplantation.
In the year 1992, the Lab started testing of various Tumour Markers for monitoring cancer patients. The Lab is well equipped and maintains high quality testing of International standards.
This year, the Lab accorded with prestigious NABL Accreditation in accordance with ISO 15189:2007 in Medical Testing:
- Immunogenetics – Major Histocapatibility testing (HLA-testing)
- Clinical Biochemistry/Clinical Immunology – Tumour Markers
The aim of the Laboratory is to provide highest quality investigations of International Standards in above mentioned fields. This laboratory always ventures in updating and introducing newer technologies –
- HLA Class I Typing (A, B & C loci)
- HLA Cross matching (using CDC method)
- HLA Class I Typing (A & B loci) DNA – Molecular Typing – using PCR Technology.
- HLA – Class II Typing (DRB & DQB loci) DNA – Molecular Typing – using PCR Technology.
Clinical Immunology/Biochemistry – Tumour Markers:
- BHCG (Human Chorionic Gonado Tropin)
- AFP (Alpha-Fetoprotein)
- CA-125 (Cancer Antigen – 125)
- CA-19-9 (Carbohydrate Antigen 19-9)
- CEA (Carcino Embryonic Antigen)
- T.PSA (Total Prostate Specific Antigen)
- Free PSA (Free Prostate Specific Antigen)
- Ratio of total & Free PSA
- B2 Microglobulin
- CA 72-4 (Cancer Antigen 72-4)
- NSE (Neuron Specific Enolase)
- CA 15-3 (Cancer Antigen 15-3)