The aim of post graduate programme in nursing is to prepare nurses to assume responsibilities in a wide variety of professional setting as nurse specialities, nurse practitioners, consultants, educators, nurse administrators and nurse researchers.
On completion of the two years M.Sc. Nursing programme, the postgraduate nurse will be able to -
- Apply body of knowledge by utilizing concepts, theories and principles of nursing science.
- Demonstrate competency in nursing practice.
- Develop knowledge and skill in conducting nursing research, interpret and utilize research finding for evidence based practice.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and function effectively as nurse educator, manager and nurse specialist.
- Demonstrate interest in continued learning for personal and professional development.
- Utilize the knowledge to effect change in nursing practice and in education meaningfully and is able to collaborate relationship with other disciplines.
- Candidate should be Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife.
- Minimum education requirements shall be the passing of : B.Sc.Nursing/B.Sc.Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have at least one year of working experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidate should be medically fit.
Rules for Admission
- Selection of candidates will be based on merit of APGN-CET conducted by AMUPMDC Maharashtra.
- The original certificates and documents will have to be submitted in the college at the time of admission.
- You will be required to pay Rs.10,000/- as Security Deposit to Bombay Hospital Trust at the time of admission. This will be returned (after deduction of breakage charges if any) without interest on completion of the course.
- The admission will be provisional till Maharashtra University of Health Sciences grant eligibility and Pravesh Niyantran Samitee approve the admission.
- For reserved category Caste validity and Caste Certificate are manadatory.